Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Seachange

Everyone thinks we're crazy but I know they harbor a secret desire to be able to do the same. A belief in whether they can or not is all that holds them back.

Hi, I'm David. I'm what you call a British-born ex-pat Australian, now living on a 50-acre farm in Roseburg, Oregon with my wife Jennie. We've both lived and worked all over the world. I was in IT for 20 years, Jen was in printing, advertising and then IT for longer. After burning ourselves out working in Florida, we moved to Arizona to contemplate our next move, and now here we are in Oregon, sheep farming and starting on the path to become cheesemakers. Yep, you read that right, we've gone back to the land and are forging a new life away from suburbia, away from the rat-race, and away from the grind of 9-5, or in our case 6-midnight.

The purpose of this blog is two-fold. It will keep everyone interested in our pursuits updated, but it will also serve as a record of our achievements and failures, of which I am sure there will be many, for those who choose to follow us and learn from us as we in turn learn from others.

So, welcome to Catesby Farms.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the farm. I can't wait to keep reading this.